View unanswered posts | View active topics  It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:06 pm 

Hi Guys and Gals,

I've recently embarked on another new side project, making a number of natural skincare products for myself and friends and family, after finding that I'd developed a bit of a reaction to a few shop brands which are clearly full of chemicals.

Well, now demand is outstripping supply, and a friend and I are making an effort to do this in a slightly more structured way and try our luck at a few of the local markets.

This is where my favourite online BYAP/BF community hopefully comes in :)

Both the moisturising hard lotion bars and lip balms inter alia, require a reasonable amount of beeswax to make in the quantities that we are now being asked to supply. I bought the first batch of beeswax online but I would muuuuch rather find a local product and use some smaller suppliers if it's at all possible.

So, I was wondering if any of you bee keepers in Perth and surrounds would be able to supply me with some beeswax please? I am happy to even just collect cappings once you've drained your honey and do the messy bit myself if that makes it easier for you, and can either swap you some finished products if you prefer to barter, or of course hand over some cold hard cash for either cappings or block wax :wink:

Thanks in advance :)

My first system: Kat's "Pretty" Aquaponics
My second system: Kat's Newer & Bigger System
My backyard: Kat's (soon-to-be) Suburban Oasis
My tangents: Cheese-making

Advertisement

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:23 am 

Kat I have a few kg I was looking to sell and then you put this up............. seems to easy. Call me, I have pm'd the number, cheers, Mike