View unanswered posts | View active topics  It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a question for you all
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:24 pm 

Wanting Information/Costing on Hydropinics to grow herbs, Cherry-tomatoes, cucumbers, marigold flowers;lettuce; tomato, broccoli, capsicum, cucumbers, strawberries;chilli. Also Orchids
Aristolochia gigantica.
The 6 Fish Tanks would have Tilapia; Barramundi, Silver Perch, Trout, Golden Perch, Catfish, Murray Cod, Jade Perch, Australian Bass, Black Bream, Eels and Yabbies or other Local Varieties.
to focus on small scale commercial farming using Systems in modular units of 1,000 sq. M each. For most crops, we want to have 5,000 Single 12-inch Hydrotray units.
We suggest we proceed with the following guideline:-
1. Start with one Farming module of 1,000 sq. M as a pilot project
- everything is to be supplied from you so that the module is complete. We are of the opinion that some of the components can be substituted with local products. From our experience, it is not advisable to make substitution for the first module.
- this covers only the hardware. Consumables like seeds and growing medium and nutrients - to be sourced locally. We want you to provide with the formula and should be available from Mumbai area.
a) The cost of 5,000 Hydrotray 12 inch single plus all tubings and fittings
b) The cost of tanks, meters, pumps, solar panels, water treatment & etc to cater 5,000 Hydrotray units
c) Weed mat and pegs for flooring covering 1,000 sq. M
Total for the entire 1,000 sq. M farming module
We recommend that you suggest that we start with a crop that can be grown outdoors without the greenhouse or rain shelter. This will save at least half the establishment costs.
Also I want to start a dairy farm ( at least 20 cows ) anybody please give me information regarding
1. cost of the cows [Local or Swiss/Australian/Newzealand varieties/ high yielding exotic varieties are HF, Jersey
2. land required
3. milk yield of cows ( i want high yielding cows)
4. cost of equipment . (milking machine.)
and any other information I don’t know .

Hoping to get a Project report with Costing and all relevant other Information ASAP
Regards
Pravin Shetty
pravinjshetty@hotmail.com

Advertisement

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:57 pm 

Location: sunbury victoria australia.cool mountain zone hot in summer cold in winter
This looks like spam to me

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:45 pm 

Food&Fish wrote:
This looks like spam to me

Agreed, makes no sense. If it is not spam then I suggest you do some reading on the www.

Post subject: Fayes' Botanic Obsession
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:04 am 

Wanting Information/Costing on Hydropinics to grow herbs, Cherry-tomatoes, cucumbers, marigold flowers;lettuce; tomato, broccoli, capsicum, cucumbers, strawberries;chilli. Also Orchids
Aristolochia gigantica.
The 6 Fish Tanks would have Tilapia; Barramundi, Silver Perch, Trout, Golden Perch, Catfish, Murray Cod, Jade Perch, Australian Bass, Black Bream, Eels and Yabbies or other Local Varieties.
to focus on small scale commercial farming using Systems in modular units of 1,000 sq. M each. For most crops, we want to have 5,000 Single 12-inch Hydrotray units.
- everything is to be supplied from you so that the module is complete. We are of the opinion that some of the components can be substituted with local products. From our experience, it is not advisable to make substitution for the first module.
- this covers only the hardware. Consumables like seeds and growing medium and nutrients - to be sourced locally. We want you to provide with the formula and should be available from Mumbai area.
b) The cost of tanks, meters, pumps, solar panels, water treatment & etc to cater 5,000 Hydrotray units
We recommend that you suggest that we start with a crop that can be grown outdoors without the greenhouse or rain shelter. This will save at least half the establishment costs.
Also I want to start a dairy farm ( at least 20 cows ) anybody please give me information regarding
1. cost of the cows [Local or Swiss/Australian/Newzealand varieties/ high yielding exotic varieties are HF, Jersey
2. land required
Hoping to get a Project report with Costing and all relevant other Information ASAP
Regards
Pravin Shetty

Post subject: Fayes' Botanic Obsession
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:13 am 

Sorry, I forgot to Introduce myself--I am PravinShetty, I am a Lecturer in Monash University in Melbourne teaching Computer Science.
I have 76Acres of Land in Dahanu Road-Border of Maharashtra and Gujarat in India.
It is a Government Registered Nursery and we own it sice May 1980 Its a Family Business, and we have these 5 companies.
1] S. P. Farm & Nursery
2] S. P. Moss Suppliers
3] S. P. Land Developers
4] S. P. Irrigators
5] Dahanu Road Lunch Home
Collaborators:
Bowsmith Inc. California USA
Ein-Tal Ltd. Netanya / Israel
Kapam Ltd. Haifa Israel
Business Functions:
1. Micro-irrigation (Drip)
2. Landscape irrigation
3. Green houses, liquid fertilisers
4. Agro-tech consultancy
5. Dealers in N. A. industrial plots & sheds, agricultural land, gardens, bungalows & flats
6. Government suppliers of green moss-Government recognised farm and nursery
Role: Responsible for development of a wide variety of Business related utility
functions and applications.
In India Farmers commit suicide and I want to help. My study has shown that these farmers who borrow huge sums of money from Lenders are at the mercy of Rain and Bad Quality seed; if I could save 1 Farmer then my work is done, I am negotiating with some Indian Govt Politicians and so wanted to introduce Aquaponics and make them get subsidy for these--But for that We need a Pilot Project and also Mentoring Partnership with Like minded people.And so was Wanting Information/Costing on Hydropinics to grow herbs, Cherry-tomatoes, cucumbers, marigold flowers;lettuce; tomato, broccoli, capsicum, cucumbers, strawberries;chilli. Also Orchids
Aristolochia gigantica.
2. land required
Regards
Pravin Shetty

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:33 pm 

HI Pravin,

I think you have pretty high hopes if your posting on here asking people to provide " a Project report with Costing and all relevant other Information ASAP ".

I think you should perhaps begin with a little research first.

You talk about wanting to help farmers get away from having to make huge investments and borrow lots of money but the size of systems you're talking about are HUGE and would take a massive investment? I'm a little confused...

Perhaps you should start a new thread of your own to discuss things..

Joel

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:50 pm 

PravinJShetty wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to Introduce myself--I am PravinShetty, I am a Lecturer in Monash University in Melbourne teaching Computer Science.
I have 76Acres of Land in Dahanu Road-Border of Maharashtra and Gujarat in India.
It is a Government Registered Nursery and we own it sice May 1980 Its a Family Business, and we have these 5 companies.
1] S. P. Farm & Nursery
2] S. P. Moss Suppliers
3] S. P. Land Developers
4] S. P. Irrigators
5] Dahanu Road Lunch Home
Collaborators:
Bowsmith Inc. California USA
Ein-Tal Ltd. Netanya / Israel
Kapam Ltd. Haifa Israel
Business Functions:
1. Micro-irrigation (Drip)
2. Landscape irrigation
3. Green houses, liquid fertilisers
4. Agro-tech consultancy
5. Dealers in N. A. industrial plots & sheds, agricultural land, gardens, bungalows & flats
6. Government suppliers of green moss-Government recognised farm and nursery
Role: Responsible for development of a wide variety of Business related utility
functions and applications.
In India Farmers commit suicide and I want to help. My study has shown that these farmers who borrow huge sums of money from Lenders are at the mercy of Rain and Bad Quality seed; if I could save 1 Farmer then my work is done, I am negotiating with some Indian Govt Politicians and so wanted to introduce Aquaponics and make them get subsidy for these--But for that We need a Pilot Project and also Mentoring Partnership with Like minded people.And so was Wanting Information/Costing on Hydropinics to grow herbs, Cherry-tomatoes, cucumbers, marigold flowers;lettuce; tomato, broccoli, capsicum, cucumbers, strawberries;chilli. Also Orchids
Aristolochia gigantica.
2. land required
Regards
Pravin Shetty

pravin as joel said do some research of your own, and set up your own thread so Fayes isnt spammed. also if your talking aquaponics go to www.backyardaquaponics.com when you have done your research and decided exactly what you are going to do, and what you need help to figure out.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 1:38 pm 

ah i wondered where this went to . . . yep looks like spam to me to :support: