View unanswered posts | View active topics  It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:43 pm 

Big_Dave wrote:
The only thing I am going to do that isnt standard is add Saddle Bags and the same Pillion Seat as the one on yours LV!

Some people have already said why dont you just get a Heritage because all that stuff comes standard, but the LO is not an ordinary Soft Tail. I was really cut between the Heritage, Fatboy and Fatboy LO.

And I still may change my mind :cheers:

I'd do the same if I got a Fat Boy Lo, then chuck on a set of Vance and Hines big radius pipes and a Screaming Eagle ventilator air cleaner.

LV aka Tony
My Blog

Advertisement

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:44 pm 

Simo wrote:
Despite the fact that I absolutely hate the look of the V-rod, my favorite at the moment is the Night Rod Special, just need to change out the poxy looking exhaust and you get a real mean looking bike.

Attachment:
2010-Harley-Davidson-NightRodSpecial-VRSCDXb (Medium).jpg

Cost to buy in USA ~$AU 18,000 , cost in Australia $AU 30,000 :error: $12K for postage :swing:

Maybe a buy one in the USA, have a road trip holiday and import as a used item :hello:

Yep the mark up sucks considering the strength of our dollar at present.

Importing can be a huge pain in the a$$, lots to comply with to make it happen. The V Rod muscle is starting to grow on me now. Needs a better seat for a pillion though.

LV aka Tony
My Blog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 pm 

One of my mates has a Night Rod Special, it looks mean and is quick as hell. He has custom pipes but found they were lower than standard and was scraping them around corners. He also removed the Headlight Shroud which I reckon looks better too.

I really do hate how we pay twice as much than our American Buddies - but I spose if they were cheap then everyone would have one and they wouldnt be as special!

One thing I do love is how they retain there value, they only ever really drop a 1/4 of their price and just stay there. where a 90's Honda or Yamaha Tourer are worth about 10K a similar year harley is still worth 25K - good for sellers, probably not so good for buyers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:21 pm 

Big_Dave wrote:
One of my mates has a Night Rod Special, it looks mean and is quick as hell. He has custom pipes but found they were lower than standard and was scraping them around corners. He also removed the Headlight Shroud which I reckon looks better too.

I really do hate how we pay twice as much than our American Buddies - but I spose if they were cheap then everyone would have one and they wouldnt be as special!

One thing I do love is how they retain there value, they only ever really drop a 1/4 of their price and just stay there. where a 90's Honda or Yamaha Tourer are worth about 10K a similar year harley is still worth 25K - good for sellers, probably not so good for buyers.

My footboards scrap on a lot of tight corners. I agree on the holding value, that was one thing that I considered when buying. My VStar which I purchased from my dad lost a lot of value considering it still had relatively low km's on it.

LV aka Tony
My Blog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:24 pm 

Sooooooooo. I didnt get the Fatboy Lo in 2011.

I got a Fatboy Standard in 2012! :rock:

Attachments:
394671_4169342468798_1158145155_n.jpg
394671_4169342468798_1158145155_n.jpg [ 101.87 KiB | Viewed 2290 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:17 pm 

Big_Dave wrote:
Sooooooooo. I didnt get the Fatboy Lo in 2011.

I got a Fatboy Standard in 2012! :rock:

Congrats Dave, you have many happy hours of riding ahead. You need to post some more pics.

Nearly 12 months since I came off mine on Clear Mountain road. $5.5K worth of damage. It was still ridable jest lots of scratches and a few dents and a slightly bent set of bars.

All fixed up quick thanks to insurance, just lacking the time to get out enough. I just joined the Gasoline Alley HOG chapter, hope to make a few rides with them next year.

LV aka Tony
My Blog